Monday 22 March 2010

The 17 Week Challenge Diary

Week 1 - Workout A1
So today was the first day of the 17 Week Challenge for me! And I am at least alive to write about it here. In all seriousness though, it was tough but well worth it. I even managed to get up for 6am to get to the gym before work. The most notable point I have found is how 'awake' I have been feeling all day. Usually, getting up that early causes me to sleep during the day but theres been none of that today!

In terms of the workout itself - the first bit of advice is to go easy on those squats. I think I just about selected the right weights to do my 3 sets of 15 supersetted with the inverted rows. They really take alot out of you and by your third set your legs will be shaking with fatigue. The inverted rows are pretty tough aswell - but by standing at a less steep angle you can make the exercise easier to complete your full set. The bulgarian squats are a killer - I didn't even use any external resistance (just my own bodyweight) and I could feel the burning in those muscles! By the time I got to the plank and bridge exercises my body was pretty much done to the limit! Im feeling pretty good as I write this but I know that the DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness) will set in in the next couple of days! Still - I'm determined to stick to this so it's on to the HIIT Tuesday and back to the gym Wednesday morning.

If your taking part yourself drop me an email to let me know how your getting on and any quesitons/suggestions you may have. Until then eat healthy and stay strong!

Paul (Founder of Beta Fitness) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to the exciting new Beta Fitness Blog page. Here you will find articles, advice, the latest news and events, AND discounts to services on offer. So make sure you bookmark this page and keep checking back for the latest from Beta Fitness!